Saturday, November 7, 2009

New Stuff

Friday proved to be a suprisingly wonderful day, anchoring a week of unending blah-ness. I met a friend for coffee and pastries before heading over to the Catlin Gabel Rummage sale at the expo center. It was several acres of Portlanders dragging behind them cardboard boxes filled with their treasures. It was thousands of square feet of possibilities. It was magical. I shopped in Housewares, I shopped in Womens, I shopped in Boys, I shopped in Electronics, I shopped for hours. And when I was done I only had to part with $25; 8 shirts and a hoodie. Score.
From there I went home and busted out a whole bunch of glass in one tiny little hour. Lately, I admit, it has become slightly mundane making glass. I have been clinging to certain designs so much that I have exhausted my motivation to find more color combinations of the same pattern/shape. But yesterday was different - I made new stuff, I let myself make whatever I wanted. And since the kiln was still a tad warm this morning, I spent all day at the market getting excited about opening it up upon my arrival home.

Ok fine, I also spent most of the day shivering. It is certainly starting to feel winter-y. Almost time to get out the propane heater for the weekends outdoors selling.

2 comments:

  1. So how did it turn out?
    Good stuff? Or just fun making it?
    I suppose I would have heard about it on Sunday had it been exciting enough :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good stuff for sure, but mostly fun making it. I didn't have them done and ready for Sunday, which is why you didn't see them. I think T'm going to make some keychains out of one design...

    ReplyDelete