Thursday, November 5, 2009

Write it Out

Here's a little jewel I learned during college. At the end of the day - or, really at any point in the day - write down 5 good things that happened that day. They don't have to be big things, something as simple as 'I'm wearing my favorite tshirt' is enough, or 'Made an artichoke for dinner'. I'll tell you what, you will be shocked and amazed at not only the amount of events that happened since waking, but also how many positive things are occurring in your life. Shocked and amazed, I tell you. So sit your little self down for 3 minutes every night, and pick up your pen. I often practice this exercise when I feel like I accomplished nothing, and I find that by the time I'm done writing the first item on the list, I've already thought of numbers 2 and 3.

Suddenly, everything seems to be going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment